- I am only responsible for my own heart, you offered yours up for the smashing my darling. Only a fool would give out such a vital organ.
- „Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
- ONE THING I AM NEVER GOING TO DO WHEN I GROW UP : Is fall in love, drop out of college, learn to subsist on water and air, have a species named after me, and ruin my life.
- Whoever it is you fall in love with for the first time, not just love but be in love with, is the one who will always make you angry, the one you can’t be logical about.
- I’m so afraid of losing something I love that I refuse to love anything.
- Holding hands, for example, is a way to remember how it feels to say nothing together.
- I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.
- I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.
- Cheating is easy. There’s no swank to infidelity. To borrow against the trust someone has placed in you costs nothing at first. You get away with it, you take a little more and a little more until there is no more to draw on. Oddly, your hands should be full with all that taking but when you open them there’s nothing there.
- I was happy but happy is an adult word. You don’t have to ask a child about happy, you see it. They are or they are not. Adults talk about being happy because largely they are not. Talking about it is the same as trying to catch the wind. Much easier to let it blow all over you.
- Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend
- As it is, I can’t settle, I want someone who is fierce and will love me until death and know that love is as strong as death, and be on my side for ever and ever. I want someone who will destroy and be destroyed by me. There are many forms of love and affection, some people can spend their whole lives together without knowing each other’s names. Naming is a difficult and time-consuming process; it concerns essences, and it means power. But on the wild nights who can call you home? Only the one who knows your name. Romantic love has been diluted into paperback form and has sold thousands and millions of copies. Somewhere it is still in the original, written on tablets of stone. I would cross seas and suffer sunstroke and give away all I have, but not for a man, because they want to be the destroyer and never the destroyed.
- When she bleeds the smells I know change colour. There is iron in her soul on those days. She smells like a gun.
- The role of a writer is not to say what we can all say, but what we are unable to say.
- Sometimes we reveal ourselves when we are least like ourselves
- I hate men who are afraid of women’s strength.
- I’m sorry for my inability to let unimportant things go, for my inability to hold on to the important things.
- The Buddhists say there are 149 ways to God. I’m not looking for God, only for myself, and that is far more complicated. God has had a great deal written about Him; nothing has been written about me. God is bigger, like my mother, easier to find, even in the dark. I could be anywhere, and since I can’t describe myself I can’t ask for help.
- You’re going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it’s always their actions you should judge them by. It’s actions, not words, that matter.
- While I can’t have you, I long for you. I am the kind of person who would miss a train or a plane to meet you for coffee. I’d take a taxi across town to see you for ten minutes. I’d wait outside all night if I thought you would open the door in the morning. If you call me and say ‘Will you…’ my answer is ‘Yes’, before your sentence is out. I spin worlds where we could be together. I dream you. For me, imagination and desire are very close.
- There were things I wanted to tell him. But I knew they would hurt him. So I buried them, and let them hurt me.
- Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.
- Never tell your problems to anyone…20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them.
- A stranger stabs you in the front; a friend stabs you in the back; a boyfriend stabs you in the heart, but best friends only poke each other with straws.
- I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry.
- Do you fall in love often?” Yes often. With a view, with a book, with a dog, a cat, with numbers, with friends, with complete strangers, with nothing at all.
- Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t.
- Everything is okay in the end, if it’s not ok, then it’s not the end.
- Having a guy dump you and say „We can still be friends” is like having your mom say „Your dog died but you can still keep it .
- Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: „What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
- Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
- So many people enter and leave your life! Hundreds of thousands of people! You have to keep the door open so they can come in! But it also means you have to let them go!
- In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.
- I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
- There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
- People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.
A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master…
- When you are young, you think it’s going to be solved by love. But it never is. Being close – as close as you can get – to another person only makes clear that impassable distance between you.’
If being in love only made people more lonely, why would everyone want it so much?’
Because of the illusion. You fall in love, it’s intoxica
ting, and for a little while you feel like you’ve actually become one with the other person. Merged souls and so on. You think you’ll never be lonely again.
- To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.
- When the soul suffers too much, it develops a taste for misfortune.
- A man attaches himself to woman – not to enjoy her, but to enjoy himself.